Monday, December 14, 2009

RNA Awards

Normally at this time of year, the Romantic Novelist's Association of which I am HUGELY proud to be a member (in my book the RNA is the best friendliest and supportive writer's organisation going) asks its members to publicise the longlist for their annual award, which has just been announced here. I'm always delighted to do so because the RNA has supported me from my very first feeble attempts at writing and more often then not there are one or two of my pals on the list. However, for the first time this year, I'm on it too. I wouldn't brag about something like this normally, but I do feel it is such a huge honour to be on this list, which includes many many more worthy names then mine, I wanted to say thank you to the RNA for my nomination, and also all the readers who voted for me. Am utterly gobsmacked to say the least!

I'd also like to congratulate my fellow RNA nominees: Sarah Duncan, Katie Flynn, Jean Fullerton, Veronica Henry, Erica James, Judith Lennox, Mary Nicholls and Nicholas Sparks, and my fellow Avon writer, Miranda Dickinson whose Fairytale of New York is quite rightly speeding up the charts.

I am under no illusions about making the short list, the competition is far too hot! However I am delighted to have been privileged to be nominated at all - a completely unexpected pleasure. Having just updated my website: http://www.juliawilliamsauthor.com/ I'd better go and update it some more...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabarooni!

Virginiax

Jane Henry said...

I know. Isn't it?xxx

pierre l said...

Well done indeed, and good luck for the short list.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Ruthxxx

Sarah Duncan said...

Sooo exciting - and I'm seeing your book everywhere so sure you're going to be a cert for the short list.

Jane Henry said...

Thank you everyone. Still can't believe it!

Sarah, aw that's really nice of you to say so. I honestly don't mind what happens next, it's fab to be on the longlist.

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

OMG that is SOOO awesome! Well done you: and to all your fellow nominees.

But since I 'know' you I feel I have to say I'd love to see you progress with this!

Anonymous said...

get a live, dear!