Friday, December 25, 2009

Happy Christmas!

I have been really snowed under this week and haven't blogged at all, but just wanted to say to all you lovely people who read my blog, thanks for dropping by this year. I wish you all a very merry Christmas and hope Santa puts many good things in your stockings!

And for all the many people who've gone out and bought Last Christmas (and there really appear to have been an awful lot of you!) I'd like to say thank you very much. At a particularly difficult time in my personal life, it has been very welcome to have a little bit of fairy dust in the shape of a book which I loved writing doing so well. To blow my own trumpet a little bit, thanks to all you nice people, I've been in the Heatseekers chart for six weeks ( I dropped down to no 3 this week), and made it into the top 20 pb bestseller lists for two weeks. I reached the dizzy heights of 15 last week, but have now gone back to 22, which is still fabulous. It has been very exciting and a lovely and unexpected treat. So thank very much for buying it! Fans of Hope Christmas might be pleased to know that going to see our local nativity last night, I came up with a GREAT idea for another Hope Christmas story. Well I think it was great. A fair bit of red wine has passed by me since then...

Anyway, must go and check on the turkey (current plans for the day include transporting a turkey and trimmings up the road to mil's in the wheelchair we borrowed to get her down here. It's going to be an unusual Christmas(-:), and see whether the children have started fighting yet.

A very happy Christmas to one and all!

12 comments:

Helena said...

Hi, just popping by from Sweden, finished "Last Christmas" today and must say I liked it very much :-)

My dad bought my sister and me one copy each when he was travelling during the autumn..

Will be looking forward to your new book, that first chapter got me hooked :-)

Nic said...

Happy Christmas! I loved Last Christmas, read it in super quick time, thanks again!

jooley said...

Just wanted to say how much I loved "Last Christmas" x

Anonymous said...

Have just finished "Last Christmas" it had me hooked! My very good friend bought it for me, she has good taste. Thank you xx

BindiB said...

Hi Julia,

Haven't replied to your blogs so far, but felt I had to do so after reading Last Christmas - absolutely brilliant and had me in tears AND laughing at the same time! I've loved all your books but this one was/is truly brilliant and magical. It cheered me up no end - but I am missing the characters already and really hope that you WILL write another Hope Christmas story soon.
I hope you had a lovely Christmas and that 2010 will be a very happy, healthy and prosperous year for you and your family.

Bindi xx

Jane Henry said...

OMG. As my children might say. Have been a bit busy this Chrimbo and not been visiting my blog, and my oh my, here are all you lovely people leaving nice messages for me. So glad you all enjoyed Last Christmas. Feel very grateful and honoured you all bought it. And yes, Bindi, if my publishers let me, I have an idea for a return to HC and would love to go there if I can!

Happy New Year to you all, and thanks so much for a) buying my book and b) taking the trouble to tell me so!

Best wishes
Julia

Helen said...

hi, just read Lsst Christmas today (couldn't put it down) and wanted to say I really enjoyed it, much like Strictly Love when I read that earlier this year. I shall look out for the next one.

Lizzie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
smithybob said...

Having just read page 181 oF "Last Christmas" I was shocked to read that Auntie Eileen's meringues were made by whisking egg "YOLKS" (half way down the page)
I think egg "whites" are used to make meringues...schoolboy error or publishers?

Jane Henry said...

Smithybob, alas that is probably my error. I meant whites and wrote yolks by mistakes. Sorry, we authors are only human you know (-: Should have picked it up...

Helen, thanks very much for enjoying the book!

Missy,Mrs and Mum said...

Hi, I have just read your brilliant book and found your blog address in it. It was the perfect book to read over Christmas and the New Year.
Hope the snow cleared a bit for you and congratulations on the success of Last Christmas and good luck for 2010 x

Jane Henry said...

Hello missy, thanks so much! Really glad you liked the book. happy new year to you!