Thursday, November 05, 2009

Last Christmas I gave you my heart...


I have been very very slow in shouting out a big hurrah for my latest ouevre hitting the shops. Blame it on half term last week and on sod's law making my continued search for my happy place rather difficult. I think I have whinged quite enough about my personal life of late, so I'm not going to whinge anymore, because I do have something to celebrate.

Last Christmas is out now and available in: Smiths, Waterstones (hurrah, I'm on their 3 for 2 table!), Tescos, Asdas and via Amazon.

As ever am hugely grateful to the Wunderkinder team at Avon who have pulled out all the stops for me this time.

You may find me splurging on about all things Christmas related all over the web, as I have a very hardworking pr person getting me all manner of features (waves thank you at Tory!)
I've done an interview with Femail First here and written a piece about coping with large family gatherings here. Hoping I don't sound too bossy and like my character's alter ego, The Happy Homemaker, who is a purely ironic creation...

If I get myself organised I may be tweeting recipes via my website which is under reconstruction. But that depends on the gremlins that are currently screwing up
my life giving me a break. Which they don't seem quite willing to do right now (sigh).

I'd really like to say a big thank you to all the people who've bought/read the book so far, because I've been getting some really positive feedback which for an author makes the job hugely worthwile. And like every writer I am a complete neurotic freak at heart, so it's nice to hear that people like my scribbles!

And here are those lovely boys from Wham! to get you all in the mood...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

My GOD they had terrible hair.

Jane Henry said...

Didn't they just. But I love this song. So cheesy.

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Ha ha! Can't wait to read it --- and yes the song is cheesy greatness: I do believe at one point I had the single. And I went to see Wham in concert on the notorious shuttlecock tour... *blush* bang goes my cred!

Jane Henry said...

Streed cred increased from my pov (-: Spouse and his housemates had a shrine to Wham in their student house. Purely ironic of course. But I love those Wham boys come what may...

Dumdad said...

I haven't been over to your blog for ages for some reason and when I do turn up you've written another novel. So I now slink off in shame as I should be putting pen to paper to attempt a third novel (first two unpublished) and now I feel guilty as well.

No, really, great news and I hope you outsell JK by miles!

Anonymous said...

I have just finished reading your new book Last Christmas........it was a brilliant read, and i could relate to so much of it, at a time in my own life when its felt like everything has fallen apart, its really given me a different outlook on so many things, not least of all, how short life is, and what could be round the corner.....Thankyou....i look forward to your next book.

Nic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nic said...

Hi! Well, I haven't been able to get Last Christmas at my Local Tesco's - there's a big gap at no. 15 where it should be, so I can only presume they've sold out (hurrah!). However today I picked up a copy in Asda and wanted to say thank you for the thank you! Ridiculously excited and was given many curious looks as I bounced along the aisles! Can't wait to start it properly (as opposed to trying to start in the queue)

(Edited to correct appalling spelling!)

jo mac said...

Just finished this brilliant book this morning.
Seriously you must get 'your team' to turn this into a film script. It would make the perfect 'feel good' christmas movie. Get onto it straight away!!!! x

Jane Henry said...

Hi Dumdad, thanks for popping by again, Hope you are well?

Nic dammit I meant to send you a copy!!

Anon thanks so much for your kind words

jo mac. Oh I wish!! Not down to me though. The team work very hard to sell film rights, but it's a tricky road out there....

Anonymous said...

Today, I went to the beach front with my kids. I found a sea shell
and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said
"You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She placed the shell to
her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is completely
off topic but I had to tell someone!
My web page > diet plan