Thursday, February 12, 2009

As it's Valentine's on Saturday...

... and I'm going to be away, and as Mr Armitage DID win the sexiest man on legs poll, I thought y'all might appreciate this video of his most romantic moments. To make my cup of happiness complete, the main reason I'd chosen him as inspiration for my hero in Last Christmas was because he was soo romantic playing Dawn French's love interest in The Vicar of Dibley (and I loved the complete and utter unlikeliness of him falling for her in the first place.) I hadn't actually realised till I watched this clip, that he quotes one of my favourite bits of Far From the Madding Crowd, when Gabriel Oak (romantic hero to end all romantic heroes) tells Bathsheba Everdene, "Whenever you look up, there I'll be, and whenever I look up there will be you."

Serendipity of what? My hero is called Gabriel (North - ha. I didn't realise when I named him he'd share Richard's Spooks surname), and he's a shepherd, and I did partly model him on Gabriel Oak...


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Heartbrocken....they won't let me watch it here!!!!

Unknown said...

That should be broken :-)

Marie said...

Look back at me. Look back at me.

*melt!*