Friday, October 10, 2008

For Persephone (mainly)

And anyone else who wanted a glimpse of David Tennant in doublet and hose...

Reviews that I've read of LLL have been (rightly) positive. Came across one which described DT as "mercurial" - yup, that's a word I'd use. I also wanted to compare him to quicksilver but couldn't find the right sentence - and noticed a reviewer of Hamlet saying the same. Definitely definitely more then just a Time Lord (if indeed that was all he ever was...)







And then I found this...




I have to say DT sitting in that tree was one of the highlights of the play. Be still my beating heart...

6 comments:

Persephone said...

Awwwwww... I'm touched! Though I must say, as slim as his hips are, he really doesn't need the extra padding, does he? Not flattering at all.

For an extra dollop of shallowness and gossip, I understand the lady on the extreme right is an ex-girlfriend of his.

Thanks for this; we're (finally) getting the current Doctor Who season transmitted in Canada but it's the Sontarian two-parter, followed by The Doctor's Daughter, so for the next three weeks we won't get any really good episodes. I'll hang on to Shakespearean visions in the meantime...

Marie said...

HOT. (Sorry if that's a bit inappropriately teenage of me.)

Susie Vereker said...

Weirdly I am not a DT fan, but he looks great in costume.

Jane Henry said...

Oh is she Persephone? He certainly seems to get through them doesn't he? There are now lots of pictures from LLL popping up all over the internet, so I'll keep posting them to keep you happy.

Marie, I felt utterly inappropriately teenage throughout the whole play. Kept having to tear my eyes off him when he wasn't speaking.

Susie, he does look great in costume, but the hose bit wasn't DESPERATELY flattering. I didn't let it put me off, however...

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Teenage doesn't come into it. I believe my friend whimpered aloud when she visited for Hamlet last month. I can't say I hold much hope for me resisting otherwise next week.

Marie said...

Re the ex-girlfriend thing, let's consider the evidence shall we? Blonde, check. His co-star, check. Guilty as charged, m'lud.