Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Of course....

Mums of eleven year olds aren't immune from stupid behaviour as a result of getting used to a new situation.

Cue me, yesterday at 4.30 pm thinking, Where Is She???? and ringing her up. Only for no 1 to pick up the phone and say, Hi Mum, I'm home.

On the other hand, this morning she rang me five minutes after leaving to say she had forgotten to ask me to sign her planner, and was about to be in Big Trouble. Cue mercy dash in Spouse's car (luckily no 1 is now leaving so early we had time) to go and sign it.

So I think we're even....

2 comments:

Dumdad said...

Your kids have cell phones? Brainbox, 13, doesn't have one but if he goes to a friend's I lend him mine and tell him to phone me as soon as he gets there.

Guess what? EVERY single time he forgets and, worried, I phone my own phone and he answers "Hi daddy. Oh, I forgot."

Again.

Jane Henry said...

Ok, ok.... I admit it I caved in and gave her one when she started school. It is the cheapest one I could find and a Pay as You Go, from which she will be using her pocket money to cover the costs.

I don't really think she needs one as I am not at all convinced by the argument which says that it keeps kids safe (look at Jessica and Holly/Milly Dowler), but as she has a long walk it is useful to know that she is going to be late, if rather stupid of me to ring her up when she had in fact walked through the door!

Mad Twin's assertion that this is payback for all the times I behaved to my parents in the same way Brainbox does to you is a very accurate one...